Friday, July 3, 2009

Beach Fashion



We all need eye protection when at the beach. Living in Southern California means you need sunglasses all the time! (See, there is a reason we wear sunglasses all the time, not because we are snobby!) People with sensitive eyes should always wear eye protection around here. I am in desperate need of a new pair, seeing as I LOST mine about a month ago. I had the cutest pair of Versace! I'm still hoping they are not lost, but only "misplaced" -- as in, I just haven't found the place they are hiding from me! Maybe in one of my countless purses or bags? Anyhoo, while browsing for a new pair, I found this closeout online store -- HiSunglasses-- that specializes in name brand sunglasses. The pair I picked out are the Diesel brand you see pictured here. No, I haven't bought them yet . . . I just like looking at them.

Which brings back memories of catalog-wish-list-making when I was a kid. Apparently, I never grew out of it because I still do it today -- only with online shopping and new magazines. Whenever I browse my House Beautiful magazine, I "pretend" that I get to choose ONE thing on the page, what will it be? (BTW, my cousins and I invented this game years ago when the new JC Penney catalog came in the mail! And God forbid if we chose the same item! A serious argument would develop, "I saw it first!")

Love to make your own wish lists -- material things or life wishes? Then you MUST read Debbie Macomber's Twenty Wishes. It's the fourth in the Shop on Blossom Street series. I have book five, Summer on Blossom Street on my waiting to read shelf. Happy Reading, toodles!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I was going to ask you if you liked Macomber... do you have to read them in order?

If it's a series, I like to read in order

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm a sunglass freak. I have to wear them all the time. They are like SPF for your eyes.

BookLady said...

Well, you really don't have to read them in order . . . she gives a recap of the other stories in each book. But, yeah, I would read them in order! The romance connection between the main character just flows better when you know how they met, etc.